the kiddies

the kiddies

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

We are at WAR.

We are at war people!

The battle lines have been drawn and the stakes are high.
Each and every time we think we have the enemy in check, backed into
a corner with no way out, they muscle their way through!

We can't back down. We can't walk away.
The anarchy that would follow is unimaginable. 

No matter how hard we fight, the battle never ends.
We are gridlocked and we can't catch a break!

This is not a new war. 
This war was fought by our mothers (and fathers) before us. 

There are no new tactics and no battle plans left untried.

But we march on...
We continue to fight because it's all that we know.

The war is at your doorstep and in your home too.

The war on...

LAUNDRY.


I don't even know where to start when it comes to laundry.

There was once a simpler time. When it was just me and my husband, the laundry
wasn't even an issue. A couple of loads a week, no big deal. Throw in 3 kids
and the situation has gotten out of control. I hold on to the memories of what once
was when I'm up to my eyeballs in footed pajamas and toddler t-shirts.

I can wash, dry, and fold a load every
single day and STILL not stay ahead of the game.

My washing machine, Lolita, and I are on a first name basis these days.

No one warned me about all of the laundry that comes with a kid!
Clothes, blankets, bedding, towels... WHY DIDN'T ANYONE WARN ME?!

I'm here today to admit my defeat! I can't keep up the fight!
As long as everyone has something clean to wear
each day, I'm not going to worry about how many baskets of dirty clothes need attention.
The baskets aren't going anywhere and lets face it, as soon as I empty one,
my 3 monsters (4, because my husband fits the profile too) fill it back up.

I have lost the war.

Alright, alright. In all seriousness, if this is the worst part of our days,
we have it pretty good. And I wouldn't trade any of my babies or my husband
for a few less loads of laundry a week.

But I'd be lying if I said the three baskets that need to be folded and 
the two that need to be washed weren't stressing me out just a little bit...


No comments:

Post a Comment