the kiddies

the kiddies

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

From PINTEREST to real life.

Like most Pinterest users, I pin dozens of ideas with a genuine
hope/want of following through on them. Let's just say my ratio of completed projects
to great-ideas-yet-to-be-attempted is about 1:217.

But I did recreate a book nook for my children, and I have to say,
it's by far my favorite Pinterest inspired decor.

Here's the original pin:


And here's how it translated in our home:


In the hallway on the second level of our house, there's this ridiculous, useless (until now) alcove.
It used to drive me crazy. I never understood the reason for the recess in the wall.
But now that I have a purpose for it, I'm thrilled that it exists!

(That's also a homemade chalk board hanging above the gutter bookshelves...
because they're AMAZING!)

Now if I could just finish the bench for under the shelves. I've only
been planning it out in my mind for months...


No comments:

Post a Comment