the kiddies

the kiddies

Monday, April 22, 2013

New happenings in the HECTIC house!

I certainly have not been giving this blog the love it deserves lately, but
it isn't without good reason.
There have been some changes in the HECTIC house!
 
I have had a job change! Well... not exactly a "change" but
I accepted a transfer to a clinic closer to home, and I couldn't
be happier!
 
Up until a week and a half ago, I had a 40 minute commute.
One way. < ----Sucky!
 
I know lots of people commute, and I shouldn't bitch, but
with 3 young children and a husband who works
an opposite shift (I work days, he works evenings),
it was really starting to become a pain.
 
Let me paint the picture of what a typical work day was
like for us...
 
I would leave at 5:15 a.m. to get to work by 6 a.m.
Jay would stay home all day with the kids.
At 2:30, I would leave work.
At roughly the same time, Jay would pack up the
kids and leave home.
He worked 20 minutes from home, which was damn
near smack in the middle of my office and our house.
We would meet in the parking lot of his work, switch vehicles
and I would drive the 20 minutes back home with the kids.
Every. Stinkin. Day.
 
It sounds like a pain, and it was a pain.
But it saved us over $1000 a month by not requiring
the expense of daycare.
 
I LOVE my job (I work in the medical field)!
So when the same position became available closer to home,
I had to go for it.
 
Thankfully, I got it!
Not only is it a great job, but it's so much
better for my family.
 
Now I'm home by 2 p.m., we no longer have
to pack up the kids, and I get to have lunch with my
family every day!
 
HAPPY MOMMY = HAPPY FAMILY

No comments:

Post a Comment