the kiddies

the kiddies

Saturday, August 16, 2014

#widn

#whatimdoingnow

Happy Saturday!

My husband is out golfing with a few friends today, and with the shitty humid weather,
the kids and I are spending the day inside. And I have to admit,
after the last several crazy busy weekends, I'm happy to spend a day inside.
It certainly doesn't help that my Norwegian blooded children don't tolerate
heat and humidity very well.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a little of what we've got going on today!

After running a few errands and grabbing some lunch we made our way back home.

First priority of the day? Watch Aladdin.
Maybe that's the clique thing to do this weekend, but after the death of Robin Williams
earlier this week, I don't want to do anything else. This is the first celebrity death
I've lived through that actually feels devastating. That was a heartbreaking headline to read.

An afternoon movie wouldn't be complete with out popcorn. 
But instead of your usual popcorn, we opted for popcorn with a twist.

OREO POPCORN!


It's super easy and totally delicious.
We popped one bag of popcorn, drizzled it with melted white chocolate,
and sprinkled the whole works with crushed oreos. Once the white chocolate
had re-hardened, we broke it all into pieces, and piled it into a bowl.

After the movie, two out of three kids crashed, and I had a few minutes to do 
a couple things for myself. So I threw on a face mask and whitened my teeth.
I even managed to do a full "lip treatment" too.


GlamGlow is a bit more expensive than other masks, but this one is worth
every penny. I really see instant results. I love it!

For a "low key" day, I feel like it's been really productive! And it's only 3 PM!

I love days like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment