the kiddies

the kiddies

Thursday, August 7, 2014

You're All My Favorites

I know I just did a July favorites post, but I have to talk about this book.

Back Story: JP was baptized almost two months ago, 
and he happened to have been gifted several books (my favorite kind of gift).
Last night I finally got around to incorporating his new books into the kids'
existing collection. I know, best Mom ever. Only took me 8 weeks.

Anyway, in his pile of new books, I saw:

You're All My Favorites
By Sam McBratney
Illustrated By Anita Jeram

It looked very similar to the book Guess How Much I Love You,
which I'm fairly certain every single parent on the planet loves,
so we decided to read it at bed time last night.
Turns out, You're All My Favorites is written and illustrated by
the same people as Guess How Much I Love You.

Oh. My. Goodness.
I could hardly get through it without crying my eyes out.
It's so perfect.


It's a short story about three little bear cubs.
The oldest bear cub is a boy.
Cameron.
The middle bear cub is a girl.
Eva.
And the youngest bear cub is another boy.
JP.

The bear cubs are told every night that they're the most wonderful little
bear cubs in the whole world. But they start to wonder which bear cub is
really their parents' favorite. And so the parents explain how they're ALL
their favorites.

And speaking of favorites, this book just went to the top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment