the kiddies

the kiddies

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Halloween!

This post is coming a week late, but nonetheless, I thought I would share a few
photos from Halloween night.
 
As expected the kids had a great time!
We even lucked out in Minnesota with some half-decent weather
for the door-to-door journey.
 
I can remember plenty of years growing up where we couldn't
stuff enough layers under our costume to stay warm in the 20 degree weather,
so all costume plans were foiled by the dreaded winter coat.
 
And though we still had to layer the kids this year, we were able to
get by without heavy coats.
Thank you Minnesota for the mid-40's evening.
 
 
I could barely get them to stand still long enough for the picture.
Excitement had set in and they were more than ready to run off without the rest of us.

 
This wagon is the BEST child purchase we've ever made.
JP wouldn't have been able to walk the entire way
and at 33 pounds, neither Jay nor I could handle toting him around all night.
 
So the wagon it was!
And it worked out perfectly. I was even able to stuff those
horrible, anti-costume coats in the wagon too... just in case.

 
They were more than happy with their bounty and couldn't wait to dive in.
It was late, and we had to of course limit intake, but we didn't see any harm in
celebrating their success with a couple pieces of candy.
 
 
Remember when I mentioned the way to Iron Man's heart?
Like I said, cherry suckers for the win!
 
 
I hope everyone had a Happy (and fruitful) Halloween!
 
Until next year...
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment