the kiddies

the kiddies

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What's in my diaper bag?

At the risk of sounding like a total creep... I'm always curious
about what women carry in their purses and diaper bags (Disclaimer:
I would NOT secretly rummage through someone's bag...that would be weird). I LOVE
bags of all kinds, and seeing how people pack them, and what they carry
with them is like getting a little glimpse into the chaos we all call life.
 
So here's mine...
 
WHAT'S IN MY DIAPER BAG?
 

 
I have had SO many diaper bags over the years.
Large bags.
Small bags.
Designer bags.
Bags from Target.
I just can't seem to find one that's perfect... but I am enjoying
testing out all sorts of options. :)
 
This is what I'm currently carrying.
 
 
Oh yes, the baby doll my daughter demands to take with us no matter where we go.
She's had more than one close call of being left behind, never to be found again...
 
 
As I've said 6,744 times, we live in Minnesota. And it's getting damn cold here.
So hats are a necessity.
 
 
In the exterior pockets I have a plethora of first aid items.
Calms Forte. Hand sanitizer. Lip balm. Sun screen. Ibuprofen.
Hydrocortisone cream. Orajel. Band-aids. And most importantly, a stray mint.
 
Moving to the inside compartments....
 
 
It has several pockets, so for now, it's as functional as I need it to be.
 
 
We cloth diaper at home, but have continued to use disposables
when we're out of the house. My oldest has been potty trained for well
over a year and never had an accident...and yet I still carry extra underwear.
YOU KNOW the second I take it out, he'll have an accident.
 
I also managed to find a hair tie, a random spider ring from Halloween, and
a swaddle blanket. My youngest is 17 months old and long past
being swaddled, I just can't part with it.
 
 
Disposable plastic bags for major messes, socks that probably don't
fit anyone anymore, lotion, butt paste, a comb, and more hair ties...
(I did not clean it first for the purpose of this post.)
 
 
I'm a sucker for things in travel sizes. I'm actually kind-of ashamed of it.
I have enough mini, travel-sized toiletries for my family to get by on for
at least a year (I should probably have that diagnosed).
 
Wipes, wipes, wipes and wipes.
Those BoogieWipes, while a total luxury item, have become something
this household cannot live without.
 
 
And arguably the most important pocket: SNACKS.
AKA: Bribery tools. Yes, I've bribed a child
with fruit snacks or dehydrated pea pods. It had to be done.
 
And that's it! My diaper bag!
Not quite as exciting as I thought, but that's what I carry with me
for standard outings.






 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment