the kiddies

the kiddies

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pre-Halloween Festivities

We are in full Halloween mood in this house!
As much as I love Halloween, I could do without the
CONSTANT nagging asking about when we get to go Trick-or-Treating.
It goes without saying, C, E, and J are looking forward to it.

That being said, we decided to paint our pumpkins this year.
(I'm not a huge fan of carving... not so much the carving part,
but the slime/goo clean up afterwards. I'll pass.)



The kids did great with it!
Like most kids, they love all things painting, coloring, and creative
so this was right up their alley.


Unfortunately the red, yellow, and orange paint was
completely consumed by the green and blue, despite their best efforts.

Nonetheless, I love the results.


And of course a festive pumpkin for the front door...

Once we got cleaned up, we moved on to the cupcakes.
My husband and I had cupcakes at our wedding, so that's kind of
always been our thing... cupcakes instead of actual cake (we're so trendy).
And we always make a themed version for whatever holiday is approaching.


They were more then happy to decorate their own cupcakes.


Ghosts (thank you Little Baby Garvin for the idea) and sprinkles!


My kiddos are all the more excited for Halloween now (and so am I)!

No comments:

Post a Comment