the kiddies

the kiddies

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Holiday SURVIVAL Guide

Let's be honest for a minute, as fun and exciting as
the holiday season can be, it can be easily be just as stressful.

We want everything to be perfect.
We bust our butts getting things in order.

And we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to give the people around us the best holiday possible.

I'm totally guilty of letting the little things this time of year upset me when they shouldn't.
So here's my top 5 things to keep in mind so I don't totally lose my shit 
lose my sanity this time of year.

HOLIDAY SURVIVAL GUIDE


1. NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE PERFECT.
Or anything for that matter. Perfection isn't real. Perfection isn't attainable.
This year, I'm not going to obsess over the tree topper that won't stand up straight,
or keeping my house in un-lived in condition. The wonky tree and (sometimes) messy house
are as much a part of our holiday as anything else. Embrace the imperfections of life.

2. ACCEPT HELP.
Let other's help with the coordinating, cooking, and preparation of get together's.
We can't do everything AND have a chance to enjoy our hard work.
Working together for the common good will get us further.

3. LEAVE THE PAST IN THE PAST.
This time of year is the (closest to) perfect time to come together
and leave the past behind us. Let go of old grudges and stop being so hard on 
each other. Each day is a new chance to do better. Let people have their chance.

4. MODERATION IS KEY.
And I'm not talking about chocolate covered cherries (yum-o)!
Some people are just going to get on our nerves. It is what it is. 
If you can't be accepting, be moderate. Don't purposely put yourself in unpleasant situations.

5. KEEP AN EMERGENCY BOTTLE OF WINE CHILLED.
When all is said and done, you deserve a chance to relax and decompress
from all of the activities. And I won't judge you if you crack into it a little early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment