the kiddies

the kiddies

Thursday, March 14, 2013

.stripping.

We've only been cloth diapering for a couple of months,
and we've already found ourselves having problems.
We primarily use Alva diapers and Flip inserts and covers.
Everything with the Flip system has gone great, but Alvas have been
a different story.

We suddenly started having repelling issues with our pocket diapers.
The part that doesn't make sense to me, is that we wash those the EXACT
same way we wash our Flip inserts, and we never had any
problems with the Flips. They were just as absorbent as they've always been
when the Alva were leaking IMMEDIATELY.

So after lots of reading and research, I found several suggestions
for stripping diapers to clear up repelling issues.

I finally decided to try the Dawn dish soap trick.
It seemed like the easiest thing to do, and didn't require me to purchases
any detergents or equipment to strip my diapers.

Literally all I had to do was squirt a small amount
of the old school blue Dawn dish soap into my washing machine,
and run it on a HOT wash.
I only added the soap for the first wash, but ran the machine
on HOT for FOUR washes before taking the diapers out to dry.

It took a while, and was quite a process, but I'm happy to say
MY ALVAS HAVE BEEN SAVED!




:)




No comments:

Post a Comment