the kiddies

the kiddies

Thursday, January 3, 2013

CHRISTMAS

Christmas is infinitely more fun when you have children.
I cannot even begin to explain how exciting it was, now
that Cameron understands the Santa concept.

And the whole Elf on the Shelf thing, genius.
Jake, our Elf, may have to come back a little early next year.
I'm not too good to admit that we used Jake as tool. He was always watching.
So Santa was always watching.

How do you get your children to finish dinner in December?
Tell them Jake is watching.
How do you get your children to stop fighting in December?
Tell them Jake is watching.
Jake, you are an official member of the family. Feel free to stay all year!



Christmas Eve is almost more exciting then Christmas Day!
Jay and I spent more and bought more then we originally had planned,
but it was SO worth it!
The majority of the gifts came from us.
The "big" gift and of course the stockings, were supplied by Santa.

We made a big dinner.
We drove around town to see the Christmas lights.
We opened gifts.
I cleaned up boxes and gift wrap. :)
We made cookies and left out milk for Santa.
We watched The Polar Express.
And then we hopped into our new Christmas Eve pajamas
and made our way to bed.

Christmas morning was PERFECTION.
The kids slept until 6 a.m.
We opened gifts.
We made a special breakfast.
Jay and I sipped on coffee.

It was everything I hoped it would be.
All I wanted was to spend time with my beautiful children and incredible husband...
so I got everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment