the kiddies

the kiddies

Monday, January 28, 2013

Ratatouille.

Like most people who have seen the movie, Ratatouille,
I took one look at that little mouse and fell in love!
But you can get your last dollar that if I ran into
a real house, I'd be plotting ways to catch and kill it.
I digress....

So I decided to make Ratatouille this weekend!
We don't eat vegetarian very often in our house, so I knew
getting the kids on board would be a battle, but
I had to at least try.

So I went for it...

There's was some serious prep work involved (lots of vegetable
chopping) but the more work that went into it, the more excited I got.

And it actually turned out okay! Stupid me forgot to take a picture
of the finished product...but it looked pretty much exactly like the
photos from the recipe I used (see link below).


I even served it over couscous (I had never made that before either)
like the recipe suggested.

I'll definitely make it again, and tweak a few things, but for
my first shot at it, I'm happy with the results.

The kids preferred the couscous over anything else,
but at least they tried it too.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment